Develop your own customized skincare brands. For ages, consumers have had to compromise on mass-produced skincare products which are typically targeted to one concern or two. However, everyone has their own skin type and own particular needs. That’s mainly the reason why customized skincare comes in. Personalization of a skincare product is popular because customers are looking for suitable and unique products for the needs of their skin.
There is a sense of excitement knowing that something is made especially for you. Let’s talk about the “new baby”-personalized skin care manufacturing.
Table of contents
1.the definition of personalized skincare
2.the reasons for using personal skincare products
3.the brands of personalized skincare
4.the constraints of personal skincare customization
5.the development of customized skincare
6. ARIEL BIOTECH SOLUTION
1. THE DEFINITION OF PERSONALIZED SKINCARE
Personalized skincare refers to a line of skincare products whose formulas are customized to target consumers’ unique concerns.
There is no existing or ready-made serum. You make the products，formulation, packaging, etc. after the survey on your target consumers has been completed. The ingredients will then be selected based on your consumers’ needs and concerns.
2. THE REASONS FOR USING PERSONAL SKINCARE PRODUCTS
● Every individual’s skin differs from each other. Consumers realize that customized skincare will result to a significant and efficient product compared to the common skin care product. In the past, only common skin product could be provided for many consumers regardless of their concerns. These days, brands and skincare experts tend to tailor skin care products to attain each individual’s skin goals rather than using a generic skin regimen that leads to a generic result.
● Consumers have increased their awareness on the importance of product’s ingredients. Gone are the days when people depend their choices upon the product’s advertisements and presentation without checking its ingredients and features. However, consumers are aware that, from anti-acne to anti-freckle, the right ingredients make the difference. They are learning to analyze potent and effective ingredients and can distinguish between what works and what does not. Personalized skincare provides an advantage that one-size-fits-all solution does not: brands or expertise cooperate with manufactures to leverage the latest equipment and research to create an effective formula for any given product.
3. THE BRANDS OF PERSONALIZED SKINCARE
● Curology. Curology is one of the most famous custom skincare brands. They use consumer’s photos, history, and goals to pick powerful active ingredients for customers. Curology’s primary focus is acne.And they usually use anti-acne medication like retinol as one ingredient of their product. They analyze consumers’ skin problems by doing an online quiz that includes around 20 questions.The competitive thing about Curology is that they have a free trial offer on their website. You get sample products for free, shipping fee not included. In this way, customers can test the effectiveness of the product.
● Atolla. Launching summer 2019, MIT-born Atolla combines a proprietary machine-learning algorithm to translate data into customized skincare. Users begin by taking an online assessment test, and then Atolla personalizes their products and offers them different kinds of kits.Atolla. Launching summer 2019, MIT-born Atolla combines a proprietary machine-learning algorithm to translate data into customized skincare. Users begin by taking an online assessment test, and then Atolla personalizes their products and offers them different kinds of kits.
● Kiehl’s. Apothecary Preparations. Kiehl’s Apothecary Preparation is famous for its in-person and one-on-one consultation. On Kiehl’s selected boutiques, a customer service agent will analyze the consumer’s skin and discuss any present skin problems and concerns. And then the consumer blends a squalene-based concentrate with his choice of six complexes before adding a personalized label.
4. THE CONSTRAINTS OF PERSONAL SKINCARE CUSTOMIZATION
It is just normal that customers always want perfect customized skincare products that fully match their special needs. They want excellent packaging and ingredients. However, there are several constraints for skincare customization.
● Formulation: many customers, especially customers from Europe, want their formulation to be all-natural or organic and without any chemical ingredients. In fact, it is very difficult or merely impossible to make such a formulation unless the consumer settles for more. Meanwhile, some chemical ingredients are essential to keep the formulation stable. Formulation development is a very professional work, and engineers can make customized formulations based on customer input but usually have some differences due to materials or formulation reasons.
● Materials: there are more than 10K approved materials for skincare in the INCI list and hundreds of materials commonly used in skincare manufacturing. Some materials/ ingredients may be unavailable in case consumers want it. Besides, each factory has its own supply chain that causes materials to be different from other factories. Consumers shouldn’t expect that we can perfectly replicate some materials during skincare customization.
● Packaging: packaging customization is one of the critical parts of skincare customization. For small quantity order customization, packaging customization is a big challenge. It is easy to make customized stickers and boxes in small quantities as low as 100pcs. The minimum order quantity (MOQ) for packaging materials such as sachets, bottles, and tubes is 10000pcs. So it is important to check the packaging materials customization solution when making skincare products.
● Production: One MOQ constraint is the skincare manufacturing production process where we consider making customized skincare. Skincare factories’ smallest emulsification
● machines are normally for 30KG bulk materials, so the MOQ should be 1000pcs. It’s the same if you want to make a serum with a net volume of 30ml, or 150pcs of cream with a net volume of 200g. But not all factories would like to make such small quantity orders because the fixed cost is too high to make small orders. It’s the same if you want to make a serum with a net volume of 30ml, or 150pcs of cream with a net volume of 200g. But not all factories would like to make such small quantity orders because the fixed cost is too high to make small orders.
● You must provide your formulation and ratios. You need to further check what your market needs and do a thorough survey to be able to decide what kind of product you will create. For example, Asians use plant-based ingredients to prevent the breakdown of their skin’s elasticity and collagen fibers; The Europeans’ fancy anti-spot ingredients; The Middle East skincare market is increasingly focusing on organic ingredients. All the market information is the factor that influences the ingredients of the finished product. If you do not have this information, you will not be able to customize products.
5. THE DEVELOPMENT OF CUSTOMIZED SKINCARE
● specification confirmation
● packaging testing
● sample building
Learn this step deeply ( the 6th step in this article)
6. ARIEL BIOTECH SOLUTION
At Ariel Biotech, we supply professional customized skincare services by assisting companies and individuals like you in creating new products. We develop, create, manufacture, and ship customized skincare products to make-up artists, e-commercial owners, salons, spas, and various beauty brands. Our mission is to provide our clients with a total production service utilizing the latest equipment. To learn more about us, call us in our office today at 86 020 3160 4051.